As I wrote about in last week's NYFW recap, I had the opportunity to set up a shoot with Made in Earth jewelry after attending their fashion week presentation. Francisco and I fell in love with the company, the jewelry, and the energy behind all the gemstones and their origins and mining processes.
In our shoot I had the opportunity to wear a lot of their jewelry which I just LOVED! Please see individual photo captions above for all their gemstone names and below for their meanings, healing and energetic properties as well as origins which is what makes each and every piece special. The craftsmanship from their original form to the jewelry they are fashioned into is just beautiful and I'm so proud to have gotten to work with this brand! Their pieces and colors are perfect for the upcoming spring season!
I can't wait to wear my new pieces (I am now the proud owner of rainbow pyrite earrings and an adventurine skull ring) and also coming up I'll be styling one of their ensembles for Francisco's Lincoln Center gala for Paul Taylor Dance Company.
1.Black Obsidian - Wearing a Black Obsidian will aid in removing negativity and protecting from psychic attacks by helping to keep you shielded. This stone is from Mexico.
2.Cavensite - Wearing this stone allows you to channel your spiritual truth and aids in connecting with spirits. This stone is from India.
3. Herkimer Diamond -This is the stone of attunement and new beginnings, but also aids in tension release and energy alignment. This stone is from New York!
4.Citrine - The golden girl of the Quartz family, this stone never needs cleansing and is known as the stone for wealth and abundance. This stone is from Brazil.
5. Aquamarine - Aquamarine is famous for its stunning oceanic shades of blues and greens. Known as the ‘stone of courage’, this gem will give you the strength to step up to life’s challenges. This stone is from Brazil.
6. Labradorite - With an electric blue and sometimes multi-colored sheen. The stone of vitality and originality, Labradorite will allow you to be yourself. This stone is from Madagascar.
7. Amethyst - Amethyst, a purple variety of quartz, is a timeless classic that will never go unnoticed. Allow this gem to aid in meditation and channel your inner spirituality. This stone is from South Africa.
8. Peridot - This gemstone can help give you strength and aid in regeneration. This stone is from Pakistan.
9. Black Tourmaline - This stone repels and blocks negative energies and can also aid in the removal of negative energies within a person or space. This stone is from Brazil.
10. Pyrite - Delicate yet dominant, each cluster of golden Pyrite crystals shows the true magic of nature’s craft. The stone for memory enhancement, this Pyrite will also shield you against negative energies. This stone is from Peru.
11. Rose Quartz - Perfect stone for love. Let this stone help you to love yourself and open your Heart Chakra to receive love from others. This stone is from Madagascar.
12. Fluorite - Fluorite is loved for its jewel-toned shades of blue, green and purple. Wear this translucent gem to help you to live in the present while enhancing your logical and intuitive abilities. This stone is from China.
13. Jadeite - Known as the “stone of magic” in Mayan and Aztec cultures, Jadeite unites and improves dysfunctional relationships while offering protection and good fortune. This stone is from Burma.